Please recommend a book that:
– has a theme that would lead to engaging community dialogue.
– is accessible to both frequent readers and infrequent readers.
– is appealing to all genders, ethnic groups and ages (high school and up).
– is available in multiple formats (paperback, e-book, audio).
– is preferably by a living author who would be available for our finale.
E-mail your suggestion to info@LiteracyPBC.org.
Read Together 2017 Timeline:
August: Review and reading of books
In 2002 our Read Together Palm Beach County Campaign was established to engage adults throughout the county to read the same book, to encourage reading for enjoyment and to promote community dialogue about key themes.
Past Read Together Palm Beach County book selections:
2002: “Fahrenheit 451” by Ray Bradbury
2004: “Their Eyes Were Watching God” by Zora Neale Hurston
2006: “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee
2008: “The Memory Keeper’s Daughter” by Kim Edwards
2010: “The Book Thief” by Markus Zusak
2012: “Last Train to Paradise” by Les Standiford
2014: “The Language of Flower” by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
2016: “The Light in the Ruins” by Chris Bohjalian